Play Now! IP: play.TheOasisMC.com

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Weather Vote /wv
Something has really got to change with the /wv feature.

Having it set to $40 to start the vote is a little high, considering that 99% of the time someone ALWAYS votes no. This gets rather frustrating and annoying when it happens.

Instead of it charging $40 to start the vote, is there any way to reduce it down to like $5-$10? That way, if people think they are being cute and/or funny or are just being an a$$, and the vote fails, the person who started it isn't out the $40.

I think that by reducing the cost of starting the vote down, it would be less of a hit/annoyance if it fails.

On the other hand though, I think there should be a sign at either the Market or at Spawn (or both), that when you hit the sign, it pays the $40-$50 to change the weather WITHOUT a vote. That way, if someone is really serious about turning off the rain/snow, they can go ahead and pay that higher amount, and not run the risk of losing their funds because others want to "be funny".

By having the two options, it allows us to either pay high for the sure thing, or roll the dice with less risk involved.
Personally, I often vote no because I like the rain or because I'm fishing, though I agree $40 is a little high to change the weather and could probably be lowered. I don't think there should be a vote override sign though, since if somebody does need the rain for fishing or whatever, it would be annoying if people kept turning the weather off because they don't like it, and you don't get a say in it.
Cattle die and kinsmen die, every man is mortal. Words of praise will never perish, nor a noble name.

-The Havamal
I can understand your point of view and can see how it can be annoying as you're basically wasting money. However from admin side of things we don't want the weather constantly being changed, but it's there for players who are willing to pay for it.
If we set the price too low then it would constantly be spammed and would become annoying due to the pop ups. We also want to help get money out of the system. Best we can do is lower it to $30.
An idea you can try is asking chat what weather they would like. If you want rain for example, then i would ask if others also want rain and would they support you if you pay for the vote. Some players might go half & half on paying with you as well.
That is exactly the reason why we don't have signs as silently said. Some players do like it when it's raining and if the richer players constantly change the weather then it would be annoying for them.
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
(02-25-2018, 04:41 PM)Genocore Wrote: An idea you can try is asking chat what weather they would like. If you want rain for example, then i would ask if others also want rain and would they support you if you pay for the vote. Some players might go half & half on paying with you as well.

With the idea of splitting the bill, would it be possible to modify the /wv plugin to allow for a multiple payer system? Such as "/wv 10" would bring a message up essentially saying "this player has put $# towards a wv. #amount is required to activate vote. /wv [amount] to reach the needed amount to activate the vote." Obviously a mouthful and too much to put in chat or the in the face text.

Also, the one time I've used /wv was by accident, because(iirc) the moment I typed /wv to see what it did(I thought it would bring up a list of info like /auc), it just took the $40 and started the vote. Is there anyway to add a confirmation command? Or has one been added? I haven't tried to use it since then.

Thanks!
HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. With their powers combined, you can make a web page!
The removing money from the system comment is a good one. There are fairly few ways to do this - auctions take a $1 cut, then there are mob heads and warp signs. I bought a chicken head yesterday for my rather ridiculous fried chicken restaurant.

Has a sales tax on chest shops ever been considered? Something small like 3% would barely be noticeable but constantly leak money out the system. Or even something like a 0.1% pd capital tax. (Slewdragon would *love* that...)
(02-26-2018, 06:35 AM)xbot668 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 04:41 PM)Genocore Wrote: An idea you can try is asking chat what weather they would like. If you want rain for example, then i would ask if others also want rain and would they support you if you pay for the vote. Some players might go half & half on paying with you as well.

With the idea of splitting the bill, would it be possible to modify the /wv plugin to allow for a multiple payer system? Such as "/wv 10" would bring a message up essentially saying "this player has put $# towards a wv. #amount is required to activate vote. /wv [amount] to reach the needed amount to activate the vote." Obviously a mouthful and too much to put in chat or the in the face text.

Also, the one time I've used /wv was by accident, because(iirc) the moment I typed /wv to see what it did(I thought it would bring up a list of info like /auc), it just took the $40 and started the vote. Is there anyway to add a confirmation command? Or has one been added? I haven't tried to use it since then.

Thanks!

Those are great ideas and ones i would add if i could. They would need to be made to the dev who built the plugin.

Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
(02-26-2018, 11:57 AM)pinkmongoose Wrote: The removing money from the system comment is a good one. There are fairly few ways to do this - auctions take a $1 cut, then there are mob heads and warp signs. I bought a chicken head yesterday for my rather ridiculous fried chicken restaurant.

Has a sales tax on chest shops ever been considered? Something small like 3% would barely be noticeable but constantly leak money out the system. Or even something like a 0.1% pd capital tax. (Slewdragon would *love* that...)

I can look into it, thanks for the suggestion.

Or is there a way that if the vote fails, it only costs $10-$15 versus the full $30?
(02-27-2018, 05:05 AM)RACKyle Wrote: Or is there a way that if the vote fails, it only costs $10-$15 versus the full $30?

I can message the plugin dev and make these suggestions to him or her. It would be preferred to refund players if the vote failed, at least a %.