Play Now! IP: play.TheOasisMC.com

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

New Market!
Rainbow 
Hey All!

[Image: 2j298a1.png]

Firstly... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

The Oasis has a new market! If you had a plot in /warp oldmarket3, it will not carry over to the new market.
If you would like to purchase a plot in /warp market, be sure to read the market rules!
A plot can be bought at /warp plots. Right click the sign to buy. Plots are $100, $50 and $25 except for plots 1,2, & 3.

Plot 1 will be Auction only on Forums. To place a bid on Plot 1, post down below with your in game name and bidding amount. Bids start at $20. This Auction will end January 3rd @ 6pm EST.

Plot 2 will be Auction only through  in game chat at a random time.

Plot 3 will be a Lottery only via Twitter. To enter the Lottery, you must Follow @PlayTheOasisMC and Like the post about the Lottery. Winner will be drawn January 3rd @ 6pm EST.

NEW MARKET RULE:
Plots will be rented monthly. At the end of each month you have to pay Staff $20 if you wish to keep your plot for the next month.

Plots 1, 2, & 3 will also be reset and re-picked every 2 months!

Plot Winners:
Plot 1 - Sonic123105
Plot 2 - ShanyaeWest
Plot 3 - GOD_OF_DUCZ
Heart Pugg

[Image: 5532it.gif]
I bid $101 on plot 1

I assume there be a different Auction on the forums each month for plot 1?
I don't like it. The nice mall near to spawn ("oldmarket3") is compact, and easy to browse. Like a department store with concessions. If it wasn't big enough, it could have been extended.

This new little shopping village thing is a cute little twee olde worlde build and all that, but a terrible design for shopping in. Even if anyone ever bothered to wander out to the outlying stores and found something useful (I suspect not enough will to warrant $100 a month rent) you'd probably not remember what was where or how to get to it for a repeat visit, unless everyone sets up warps to the individual shops.

And given the cartel behaviour on the server on the prices, browsing shops would be even more pointless.
We've always had a mix of market styles on oasis, you can view some of the old markets by doing /warp oldmarket(number). We wanted to change things up this time around and make a market based more on looks rather than practicality. The price for monthly rent was recently changed to $50 per month. you can easily make that back by voting for 2 days.
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
Play with oasis players and staff! Join the steam group! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
"We wanted to change things up this time around and make a market based more on looks rather than practicality."

I've definitely been to that sort of shopping centre before. Usually once. Wink
(01-02-2018, 11:48 PM)pinkmongoose Wrote: "We wanted to change things up this time around and make a market based more on looks rather than practicality."

I've definitely been to that sort of shopping centre before. Usually once. Wink

That's your prerogative Smile
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
Play with oasis players and staff! Join the steam group! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
(01-02-2018, 05:15 PM)zyphurious Wrote: I bid $101 on plot 1

I assume there be a different Auction on the forums each month for plot 1?

The bidding starting amount changed to $20 so your bid is now $21
Heart Pugg

Current Bid is now at $21 - zyphurious
Heart Pugg

I bid $50 if that’s ok
I bid 42$