Play Now! IP: play.TheOasisMC.com

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Hoppers sometimes stop gathering items.
Every so often my hoppers stop gathering items. It seems to be related to chunks loading/unloading, and I was wondering if this is a known/solvable problem. I don't have any complicated hopper chains (no more than 4 or so). I don't think it's the "/chopper on" thing since the issue is that hoppers stop collecting items that fall on top of them or are in chests on top of them.

EG: I was AFK by my iron farm when the server reset. I logged back on to find ingots and poppies sitting on the hoppers uncollected. I tried dropping items in there and nothing happened. Breaking and replacing the hoppers works.. but that'd be a real pain to keep having to do.

This glitch has happened in 2 other areas to my knowledge. 1 is a hopper next to cactus that gathers minecarts in my villager storage. The other was a hopper that took food from a chest and fed it to villagers in my breeder. I can't replicate it, but the times it happened where when  something was being fed into the hopper and I dc'd or warped away. That's why I think it might be a chunk loading issue.

I found this thread from 2015 where someone had the same issue: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/hopp...ers.53197/
They didn't come up with a solution (check the second to last guys comment on page 2 as well).

Do any of our plugins effect hoppers collecting?

Any info would be much appreciated.
Might be an issue with our main build spigot/paper. Can try updating it at some point soon and see if that helps.
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
I think PinkPig had the same problem, he showed us the other day
Heart Pugg

[Image: 5532it.gif]
I did some digging in the Spigot forums and it seems this is an old issue. Most people never notice since it seems to fix itself if you leave render and come back. The general suggestion was to /warp spawn, then /home.
Thanks, let me know if that works if the issue comes up again!
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]