Play Now! IP: play.TheOasisMC.com

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

OASIS 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EVENT!!!!!
Heart 
ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS!!!!!!

Oasis 1 Year Anniversary!
Win prizes and celebrate oasis reaching 1 year online!
[Image: 2j298a1.png]
Time and Date
2nd of July Sunday @ 6PM UK(BST) -  1PM EDT - 12PM CDT - 10AM - PDT

Events
Drop Party
Paintball
Maze
Last Team Standing
Parkour Race
Scavenger Hunt
Lucky Dash
Spleef
Kill Confirmed
FFA
CTF
Lottery

Prizes
To celebrate The Oasis 1 year anniversary we'll be giving away a lot of prizes! 
Be sure to take part in the events to have a chance of winning VIP, exclusive one-off tags, donation items, elytras, in game loot and more! 

Special Thanks!
All the players who donate and help keep the server up and running! It really is much appreciated and helps us to have a strong server and some paid advertisements!
All the staff who help keep the server running by fixing any grief, banning trouble makers and making the server a friendly and relaxed environment for players to enjoy!
All the players who vote regularly, helping the server grow!
All the players who play on oasis! We love & thank you!!
Angel Angel Angel
Everyone is just as important as each the next. Without players, staff, donations and voting, the server would simply not exist!
We hope you all had fun, and will continue to!

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

Message from Geno:
Myself, LittleLava1, Veo_ and Wiseman met each other on another server a few years ago and for a number of reasons we decided to start a server of our own based around a friendly and relaxed community. On our old server, it often felt a little toxic at times and the staff were pretty strict to say the least. We wanted to make a server that was fair, understanding and where players can enjoy Minecraft without all the drama that tends to happen on most servers. Don't get me wrong, drama will always happen, but I like to think we have created an environment where it happens less often and players can simply have fun. As staff we like to give players a lot of chances when they make mistakes and to treat them as a person with respect, this for me is one of the reasons how oasis came to be. Often on servers you will have staff that like to force rules down your throat or ban you for minor things such as griefing a build or farm (that can be fixed in seconds) when you're new to Minecraft or the server and fail to read rules for whatever reason. It's this kind of attitude that everyone picks up on, and in turn the server becomes a friendly place to play and enjoy.
It's super awesome to see that Oasis has made it to one year!. Honestly it was very tricky at times and a lot of hard work to get there. Players and staff alike make Oasis what it is and we have all done our part to get the server this far. From voting, donations, staffing and just playing on the server, the server can grow and stay alive. It has for sure been very fun and a great experience and have made a lot of friends during the way. I would like to give my special thanks to everyone but especially to Pugg, Lava and Veo and most recently Colby who have been doing a ton of work behind the scenes that you don't often see.
Hopefully we'll be here for a long time to come! Enjoy the event!

Message from Veo:
Hey, I'm Veo. I helped the "original gang" set up oasis because it seemed like a great opportunity to make new friends and create a community. I'd like to think both were accomplished. I don't normally play survival but I'm often in creative building some project which will never get finished or trolling Geno without a reason. It's funny, because when we started the server me and Geno didn't really know each other (apart from when me and a friend stole most of his money on a different server) and now I'd like to think we are good friends! (although he'll probably still just call me an annoyance.) 
Outside of Oasis I like to do lots of things: I follow my local football team Newcastle United quite passionately, and I've recently started to follow UK politics quite a bit also. My favourite food is sausage rolls just because they taste amazing. I enjoy collecting achievements on Steam but I also really enjoy just playing racing games (or losing if it's against Geno because he spins my car all the time)
I haven't been on Oasis perhaps as much as I wanted to have been and I feel like that alienated some newer players from my shenanigans, but I'm still here to cause havoc and I hope people can have a laugh from all the random pointless trolling I do. I should probably also say that I'm always here to help out you guys, otherwise other big wigs will shout at me.
Looking forward to seeing you on Oasis!

Message from Lava:
I started playing Minecraft in 2012, I met Veo, Geno, and Wise on another server that we used to play on in 2015, I was really close with Veo and although I knew Geno and Wise existed I never really spoke to them. I helped build the spawn while putting Geno into boxes of squids whenever he went afk then disappeared for a few weeks. I came back as Veo was always on the server (although that is not really the case now) and became Jr staff a month or two later then full staff a month later.
I love to play video games (especially ones I can get achievements on) and drawing. I love to annoy the other staff and play Left4Dead2 with them.
I really love to help other players on the server even though it can get stressful at times and I'm always forgetting commands but I do try my best, thanks for putting up with me c:

Message from Pugg:
Hello All!! As you all know, I am YungPugg! I am from Pennsylvania, USA. I first started playing Minecraft in 2016 with the kids I babysit. The Oasis was one of the first online servers I stumbled upon. It was perfect. I was looking for a nice relaxing semi vanilla survival server and I found it! October 11, 2016 was the first day I joined the server >> Welcome, [Tourist] YungPugg! It didn't take me long to make friends because The Oasis is filled with such kind and accepting people. Whenever I needed help with supplies or commands, someone was always there. On December 15, 2016 I got a random but beautiful & well written message from Geno: "interested in being staff?". I was soooo surprised and flattered. I loved the Oasis so much so I haddd to say yes. I also thought Geno was trolling me until I saw the message >> You were moved to the group jrstaff in world. Although exciting, becoming staff wasn't easy. I was pretty much a noob to Minecraft and I had to learn a bunch of new commands and tools that staff use for helping players. The ones that have helped me most along the way would probably be Lava, Geno, & Ace (Geno I nag constantly & I will never stop).
On February 24, 2017, I was in game building when Lava surprised me with >> You were moved to the group Staff in world.
Playing & Staffing on The Oasis has been soo much fun! I have met so many people and have
made so many new friends, even meeting one irl (Izza <3 )!
I hope to keep seeing you all on Oasis! Thank you guys for being so awesome and dedicated to the server! Love you guys!
P.S. HUGE thank you to Geno & his patience Smile
XO

Message from Colby:
Hi everyone, you all know me as Colby. I am the newest of the staff members on the server. I started playing Minecraft when it was in early beta 1.2 years ago while I was still in high school, but somewhere between then and now, I had quit playing for several years. I slowly got back into Minecraft, this time on the Xbox as it was an easier medium to get connected to my personal friends, who also enjoyed playing Minecraft. We built worlds that the Xbox version could barely support so I found myself craving more. With that, I found myself in the search for a server to play on; and then, in early August of 2016, I found myself here, on The Oasis, my home in Minecraft since I've started to play again.
My experience since has been awesome to say the least. I've made a lot of friends along the way and wouldn't trade that for anything. Although my time as staff has been brief, it has given me a new chance to connect, help, teach, and share my love of the game with other players. I am excited and thankful for the oppurtunity to watch the server and the community grow in the future!
Thanks all, and here's to another year!
-Colby
Heart Pugg

[Image: 5532it.gif]
Countdown timer till event start for anyone unsure about their timezones.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/pa...nt=cursive
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here 
Find out why Man Utd suck by asking me in game! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
(07-02-2017, 03:23 AM)Genocore Wrote: Countdown timer till event start for anyone unsure about their timezones.

Love the countdown timer! I had miscalculated and would have missed it!  My son and I are excited to join in two hours!!!
(07-02-2017, 03:00 PM)Slewdragon Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 03:23 AM)Genocore Wrote: Countdown timer till event start for anyone unsure about their timezones.

Love the countdown timer! I had miscalculated and would have missed it!  My son and I are excited to join in two hours!!!

Awesome, will do it more often if i remember.

Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here 
Who won the scavenger hunt, and were prizes given after th event or were all the prizes given during the event
(07-04-2017, 12:28 PM)theheatking Wrote: Who won the scavenger hunt, and were prizes given after th event or were all the prizes given during the event

All the prizes for the event have been given out apart from the Hunt. Staff have been fairly busy since the event but we'll get to it very soon!