Play Now! IP: play.TheOasisMC.com

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Heyo everyone :D
Heyo everyone! I'm Veo and i'm part of the staff team that'll be helping you around at Oasis so feel free to pop up to me or the rest of the staff either here or on the server and we'll be happy to help out

I spend most my time playing games, normally simulation games but I like to try everything. I also like to collect achievements on games and i'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend who does the same so most of my games on steam have achievements  Big Grin

I love football so if anyone else does feel free to pop up, I support Newcastle United in England so if anyone's got english banter i'd love it

I came to find a community that I like and I hope you all like the community that's being created aswell. I played with others here at another server and I never felt a part of what was happening there so I want to make this one more welcoming and I hope you all enjoy it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the server!  Smile
pfff
It's not football
It's spelled s o c c e r
(08-13-2016, 04:10 PM)migmatite Wrote: pfff
It's not football
It's spelled s o c c e r

Welcome Veo Smile

@Migmatite I see your point, but your semi-incorrect, In the USA/other it's soccer, but to most of the world it's football. Football was around much longer before the US took to it and named it soccer. In the US, their version of football is handegg a sport where they don't often kick the ball. The majority call it football.
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
I have been put down Sad
It's been said that the English footballer Charles Wreford-Brown was the one that originated the name soccer and not the Americans although they popularized it.
(08-14-2016, 04:06 AM)SpaceAnimal Wrote: It's been said that the English footballer Charles Wreford-Brown was the one that originated the name soccer and not the Americans although they popularized it.

That looks to be true from what i just read on google. You learn something new everyday. 

So it really all depends on where you live. 

Or you can look at it this way. 
Past = soccer (everyone)
Today = football (mainly everyone but the US and some others)
http://www.businessinsider.com/football-...13-12?IR=T
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
Your football is handegg, soccer has balls you kick with feet - Football