Play Now! IP: play.TheOasisMC.com

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

The Market
I wanted to post about what I believe to be an issue with the market. I know i have multiple supporters of this issue one of which is Dvaughan. 

I've gone around to every shop, and checked to see the last time people have been on, i'd check the stocks but I can't do that without spending all of my money. 

I'm only going to list shops that have been inactive for 1+ months. Note, all of these times are when i checked them, just before posting this post to the forum:

Plot 1 - Dabsonb - has been inactive for 2 months 30 days 21 hours.

Plot 3 - Sir_puffalumps - has been inactive for 1 month 10 days 10 hours.

Plot 4 - Slemster_1997 - has been inactive for 1 month 7 days 20 hours.

plot 6 - migmatite - appears the minecraft name no longer exists.

plot 14 - shinxys - has been inactive 1 month 18 days 17 hours.

Another potential issue I noticed is that it appears MsOfficial has two seperate shops in the market. What people online have told me is that one of them is his sisters. The problem i see, is both shops are being payed to just msofficial. 

Just this, would show that at minimum 5-6 shops could be removed to open up for some active shops. 

The one thing I can't do, is check stocks. It would appear from word of mouth and myself trying to by some things from around the market, that stocks are not very high. If a member of staff could go around the shops checking them out, and try to get in contact with the owners of the shop to get them either filled, or removed from the plot.

I've seen in some rules that there needs to be at least 8 chests as well in each shop, and i've noticed Plot 5 - owned by Spaceanimal, only has 3. 

If removing people from the market isn't what you'd like to do, then maybe it could be expanded, maybe another 5-10 plots so that some more active users can get their shops up and running. Having to warp to everyones markets around the game can get very tedious, and having to message in chat all the time about your shop so people know it exists can interupt people just having conversations in the chat. 

I think if the market could be monitored a bit more, there wouldn't be many issues. I could be wrong, but it doesn't appear like it's monitored much or at all. 

I understand none of this is going to happen overnight. You members of staff have lives, I realise this. You will I'm sure have to verify the information I've posted yourselves, and look into more. You already have to deal with a lot of posts on the forums about issues on the server, and usually get spammed with messages if you log on the game to fix problems. But I think this is a major issue right now on the server. I love the server and all, and this seems like the only big issue that i see. I wanted to post on here to show some numbers and it won't be lost in the minecraft chat. 

Thanks for reading this,

-Knight710
We were being relaxed with market rules/plots while the server grew a little. I'd say we are at the point now where we can enforce the market rules more strongly. Will remove the plots you listed and expand the market soon. Thanks for your constructive post.
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
I would just like to point out that I'm still added to the whole market (I can build and break blocks). I don't think it's supposed to be this way
(11-27-2016, 03:17 PM)BreadLoafDaBunny Wrote: I would just like to point out that I'm still added to the whole market (I can build and break blocks). I don't think it's supposed to be this way

Your a trusted member of oasis, it's fine Smile
In any case, grief can be rolled back in 2 seconds.

Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here
Alright then
I did notice Bread that your shop is going out of the borders which is a little unfair (the border is the orange wool), but it doesn't really matter.
Also, you should build a giant bunny in the middle of the market spawn (jk) Smile Tongue
Tongue   LilBri
UPDATE: New market will be created after the winter event! Bigger, better and more pretty! For current market plot members, don't worry your builds can be moved over, but items won't carry over. You can remove them before we move.
Currently the market plots listed above are open now.

I honestly hate my plot right now lol. When the new market is here, can my current build not be saved so I can redo it?
So can I remove my stuff now and not get my plot removed...? or what time is the winter event?
Tongue   LilBri
Winter event is on the 17th of dec http://theoasismc.com/forum/showthread.p...765#pid765