Play Now! IP: play.TheOasisMC.com

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Oasis Reset!! Date and info
Glad to hear you're coming back Slew! I'm glad I'll be there from the start this time, and get to see exactly how it's done from the beginning.

I was sad at first when I heard about the reset, then mad, dismayed, then I accepted it...all in all I think it took about 24 hours lol

I can understand why people want to bring a lot of their builds over, but I agree that we all need to start from the beginning. Though having the occasional memorable, large build bought over will help make the server feel more like "home". I'm actually looking forward to jumping into it with everyone else, & getting killed many, many times over without my God armour!

One question I do have though, will those who have bought VIP's, will we receive those extra claim blocks in this new world? And what about those who purchased extra game currency with real life money? Will that also be included, or is that essentially gone? Sorry if this has been asked already.
And also, when do we find out the time the new server will be up? I want to jump in asap, but being from Australia, the time differences can make things tricky.
Oh, and will fly be turned off? And if so, how long for? Sorry, so many questions...I'm just getting excited about starting now!

Thanks Smile
Chumpess asks some great questions, some I have wondered about myself.

I paid real money for VIP - so feel claim blocks should be rewarded as such. I believe this was answered by Geno in the affirmative.

The whole "fly should be turned off to make it fair" argument is BS. If you want VIP to fly, then buy it like the rest of us did, otherwise, shut the hell up. Perks we pay for are just that, perks we paid for!

Okay, my daily rant is done, hah. We don't seem to be getting much staff input on this forum. Are discussions happening elsewhere because I would think this would be the best place to post answers for all to see.

Thanks!
(Yesterday, 09:07 AM)Chumpess Wrote: Glad to hear you're coming back Slew! I'm glad I'll be there from the start this time, and get to see exactly how it's done from the beginning.

I was sad at first when I heard about the reset, then mad, dismayed, then I accepted it...all in all I think it took about 24 hours lol

I can understand why people want to bring a lot of their builds over, but I agree that we all need to start from the beginning. Though having the occasional memorable, large build bought over will help make the server feel more like "home". I'm actually looking forward to jumping into it with everyone else, & getting killed many, many times over without my God armour!

One question I do have though, will those who have bought VIP's, will we receive those extra claim blocks in this new world? And what about those who purchased extra game currency with real life money? Will that also be included, or is that essentially gone? Sorry if this has been asked already.
And also, when do we find out the time the new server will be up? I want to jump in asap, but being from Australia, the time differences can make things tricky.
Oh, and will fly be turned off? And if so, how long for? Sorry, so many questions...I'm just getting excited about starting now!

Thanks Smile

We'll probably add somewhere around 5x bonus to the normal voting reward for a while after the reset. That should give everyone enough claim blocks to claim whatever they want (within the rules obv).
Players who donated and got money won't be getting it in the reset as they most probably used it by now (and got their moneys worth). It wouldn't be too good for the eco to be spawning in mass amounts of more money to everyone on a reset.
When the server goes live again we'll post it everywhere when it happens. Discord, Twitter, Forums. I'll try to keep everyone updated during the day(s) to give you some notice.
It's not set in stone, but yes we'll probably turn fly off for at least a few days/week. We respect everyone who's donated to the server and got /fly but we should also try to balance/be fair to players who haven't got /fly, at least at the beginning of the reset. We don't want everything to be gone within seconds lol
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here 
Find out why Man Utd suck by asking me in game! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
I would like to bring over the dome i made to the new world. warp /baillsund to see for yourself. Alot of hours has been put into it.    -Addi770