Play Now! IP: play.TheOasisMC.com

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Oasis Reset!! Date and info
(01-10-2019, 02:35 PM)Slewdragon Wrote: One major question that will likely tip weather I stay or leave for another server or just quit altogether:

Will market shops be limited to 30 chests as now?  The player market model doesn't work, you guys have tried different versions over the two years I have been here and all fail.  Forcing it to work is the solution?  I don't think so.  Players want to know they can buy things from other players that have things in stock at all times... No to solve this you will have an admin shop?

This just sounds too personal for my tastes.  Feels like a bit slap in the face for being one of the largest server supporters with votes for over two years.

I'm sorry you feel it's a personal attack but far from it. We're simply trying to improve the server and i think limiting shops to just the market will increase competition. The market should be more in demand if shops are limited to it and we should see higher activity from shop owners since we'd probably be stricter in keeping shops stocked since it's more in demand. The market would be bigger than one's we've had, 50+ chests per player probably.

We were discussing having an admin shop with very few items. For example, we'd buy diamonds for $5 then in theory diamond prices would rarely if ever drop below what the admin shop buys it for. I'm not a fan of this idea but we haven't got many other ideas to stop prices from falling so much.

I've been in the position you are. Used to be this way on an old server i used to play on for 2 years till they reset and changed their eco for the better. I much prefer keeping the eco the way it is and allow player freedom to create shops anywhere and price the way they want to. But you've probably seen how bad the eco has been for the past year at least and we're trying to improve it. If you have any ideas, please share them. We don't want prices to go to hell so quickly and hopefully see more competition.

(01-10-2019, 03:34 PM)ChassyB Wrote:
Could it be put up to consideration to take at least 1 item with us at reset? please?

Staff can discuss it but i don't see it happening personally. The less things we bring over the better.
Need help? Send me a mail either in game or through the forums.
For in game mail do /mail send Genocore your msg.

Want to help the server grow by voting? Link here
Top Voters win prizes! - Top 5 voters win in game prizes Link here
If you are new to the server, make sure to read the rules! Link Here
Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here 
Find out why Man Utd suck by asking me in game! Link here
The Oasis Skype & Discord chats! Link here
Oasis: Ranks, Perks, Commands & Server Warps! Link here
[Image: 878ce9d1994df8b5153636fc1ee40a934e058944...FyUZ4k.gif]
(01-10-2019, 03:44 PM)Jar_Van Wrote: Ok, I read the announcement. Its solid and has logic.

But I think that you have to appreciate and reward somehow the work of older players with some other transfer to the new world. I dont know the technical stuff behind, and i apologize if I say something stupid, but what about claim-blocks or money or enderchest stuff or some other etiquette-rank? Its been so nice to play the last year here, with so many beautiful people, and I want to continue, but back to punching trees again?

Whatever you decide its respected. I wish to the community the best! And I will do my best to stay.
Now I have to cry, hugging my oasis screenshots. xD

We've been trying to come up with something to give older players to show our appreciation, not sure what yet.

Help support and grow our server by giving the server a diamond on planet minecraft! Link here 
[quote pid='3491' dateline='1547143594']
(01-10-2019, 03:34 PM)ChassyB Wrote:
Could it be put up to consideration to take at least 1 item with us at reset? please?

Staff can discuss it but i don't see it happening personally. The less things we bring over the better.
[/quote]

thank you for considering it.
I apologize to staff but I honestly can't see this being a positive thing, as many players have poured thousands of hours of their lives into being the best they can be on the server. It is something like a slap in the face to see everyone's hard work disappear.  Also, Geno specifically said that they would never actually go through with this because most servers die after doing a major reset, and why would the Oasis be any different? Seems hypocritical. Risking everything to fix a few bugs seems pointless to me, and even if the server doesn't die, many old players will quit. Honestly, doing a full reset of the server will do more harm than good, as the majority of long lasting players will just leave. Also, what will happen to all of the people who bought Elite? Will their hundreds of dollars disappear? Or will they keep all of their perks? What are the actual benefits of doing this? It honestly doesn't seem fair to essentially take everyone's in-game money and advancements and just tell them that they need to restart, or quit. What's wrong with living life how it's been for years?  I am aware that this decision is probably final, however I also know that this will make you lose many of your players. I believe that the economy can be fixed, and the bugs will work themselves out, or we'll adjust to them. Hopefully the reset doesn't happen, because I might be gone. But if it does, hopefully The Oasis can be even better than it is today, although I'm not so sure.

Happy Christmas,
                               Murf
(01-10-2019, 06:06 PM)Genocore Wrote: I'm sorry you feel it's a personal attack but far from it. We're simply trying to improve the server and i think limiting shops to just the market will increase competition. The market should be more in demand if shops are limited to it and we should see higher activity from shop owners since we'd probably be stricter in keeping shops stocked since it's more in demand. The market would be bigger than one's we've had, 50+ chests per player probably.

We were discussing having an admin shop with very few items. For example, we'd buy diamonds for $5 then in theory diamond prices would rarely if ever drop below what the admin shop buys it for. I'm not a fan of this idea but we haven't got many other ideas to stop prices from falling so much.

I've been in the position you are. Used to be this way on an old server i used to play on for 2 years till they reset and changed their eco for the better. I much prefer keeping the eco the way it is and allow player freedom to create shops anywhere and price the way they want to. But you've probably seen how bad the eco has been for the past year at least and we're trying to improve it. If you have any ideas, please share them. We don't want prices to go to hell so quickly and hopefully see more competition.

I was feeling a little more optimistic as the day wore on. I'm willing to try this method, see how it works, but I'm still lamenting not being able to have complete creative control over the shop. The way I see it, we did have problems with the market system before. The actual market was underused and most of the major shops were player-made. The problem with that is that the only real way to get traffic to those shops was through word of mouth. That's why I suggested a warp directory. It was convenient to be able to warp right into the middle of a shop. With this new mall market method I'm envisioning a lot of running around. 

Having a warp directory would also draw attention to other kids of builds, like player-made roller coasters and games. players could pay per month to keep their warp there. It would be more intuitive to the way people play the game, and capitalize on the use of warps (which are amazing)

I think that the economy will continue to be weird, and you say that the market will be up-kept better.... if it wasn't well maintained before why would it suddenly now? That sounds like a lot of work for the staff. Wouldn't it be easier for staff to be like, ok who paid for a warp sign this month? who didn't? ok remove those.

Anyways, I was pretty dead set against this at the beginning of the day, but now I feel willing to try new things. Player-made shops were always just a really big draw for me

Kim
Greetings Staff!

Requesting my top Builds to be transferred.

The Island of Uganda - @/warp Uganda aka @/warp Drift 
- This was the first established Island I made.

- Contains a full Zoo with a Railed Cart Ride to View the Zoo (/warp Zoo).
- Has the server's biggest Fish Tank (/warp Aquarium)
- Contains the Server's First Drift Racing Map. (/warp Drift)
- Contains Uganda Knuckles Statue and Roller Coaster (/warp DeWae)
- Contains an Open Air Shopping Mall (/warp Mart)
- Has the HUB for quests and rewards (/warp Quest)
- Is an Island, easy to copy over.

Gold Beach - @ /warp GoldBeach aka /warp Concert

- This Island serves as an Event Place, Resort, and Hangout place for all.
- Contains Reef Reservation for Turtles and Tropical Fish (/warp Reef)
- Location of Studio for music production (/warp Studio)
- Has Hotel, Beach, Food and Shopping District (/Hotel, /Mall, /GoldBeach)
- Is an Island, easy to Copy Over.
- Best Buy does not need to be transfered.

Egypt Drift Racing Map - @ /warp Egypt
- This is the second Drift Racing Map 
- Modular Drift Racing Track. Contains 4 Different Variants in 1 Race Track.

- Full Egyptian/Desert Style Town Inside the Tracks.
- Tracks Go through the middle of town and into tunnels and caves.

- Outside River Part of the Track is not needed to be copied.

These are the only builds I want transferred. These are the builds where I spent most of my hours in.

Thanks,

Jedd
Questions

Will the server seed be the same or are we getting a new one so everyone doesn't just scramble back to their previous locations?
• If we are using the same seed I would like my slime farm moved as it took ages to locate those slime chunks and build.
• Requesting the following be moved regardless of seed.
o My six iron farms
o My pumpkin melon hopper cart farm
o My extremely tall pumpkin farm
o My potato, wheat, carrot farm
o My wither farm (This is a huge build that I spent weeks on)
o My library I built for /warp librarian
o My gold farm
What will be the starting size of the world?
Suggestions for players of rank:
1. A veteran gift set of God armor and tools
2. Those of us that have been around ages should get some jump on others.
3. Those with a staff chosen level (be it rank or time served) get a jump start on others be it several hours or a day to claim their starting locations.
4. A legendary chest with a beacon, some villager’s eggs, cow eggs, chicken eggs, pig eggs, etc
I am coming to terms with this but it is still painful after all the work I have put into my space on the oasis. I hope some of my requests are considered. I also hope the idea of player shops is reconsidered.
Thank you
Slew
If everybody (or most) start putting in claims to have their bases copied over to the new world, will the new server world actually be that "new"?? Kinda defeats the whole point of "starting new" doesn't it. If you really suggest starting new, then do that - no copying over anything. Either way, a world reset means I'm out.

*On a side note:*
Have you all (staff) noticed how popular your server is since you made this announcement. 3-5 players online average. You managed to kill your own server in just 2-3 days. Well done!

Side note #2:
Can you confirm if the current Oasis world will be made available for download? Otherwise I'll have to start researching how to do my own base download (I have no clue, but sure there must be some info somewhere on the Internet).
You may want to change the message when a player logs in to say that a reset is happening. New players may come on and get busy on things and not realize it's going away in a couple weeks. Just a suggestion
(01-10-2019, 10:27 PM)Murf_Dog Wrote: I apologize to staff but I honestly can't see this being a positive thing, as many players have poured thousands of hours of their lives into being the best they can be on the server. It is something like a slap in the face to see everyone's hard work disappear.  Also, Geno specifically said that they would never actually go through with this because most servers die after doing a major reset, and why would the Oasis be any different? Seems hypocritical. Risking everything to fix a few bugs seems pointless to me, and even if the server doesn't die, many old players will quit. Honestly, doing a full reset of the server will do more harm than good, as the majority of long lasting players will just leave. Also, what will happen to all of the people who bought Elite? Will their hundreds of dollars disappear? Or will they keep all of their perks? What are the actual benefits of doing this? It honestly doesn't seem fair to essentially take everyone's in-game money and advancements and just tell them that they need to restart, or quit. What's wrong with living life how it's been for years?  I am aware that this decision is probably final, however I also know that this will make you lose many of your players. I believe that the economy can be fixed, and the bugs will work themselves out, or we'll adjust to them. Hopefully the reset doesn't happen, because I might be gone. But if it does, hopefully The Oasis can be even better than it is today, although I'm not so sure.

Happy Christmas,
                               Murf

I don't recall ever saying that as i've seen some servers reset without too much of hit and go on to grow/improve. Doing many resets within a year would be mad though.
We are trying to improve the server as a whole and have a number of other reasons that we haven't said. Fixing some bugs is a always a plus.
Some older players will quit and fair enough to them, can totally understand as I've been in that position myself. However, others will be excited for the fresh start and rebuilding. Hopefully the majority will be around for the fresh start on a new world.
Anyone who has donated for a rank, will keep it.

(01-11-2019, 11:04 AM)graemeg Wrote: If everybody (or most) start putting in claims to have their bases copied over to the new world, will the new server world actually be that "new"?? Kinda defeats the whole point of "starting new" doesn't it. If you really suggest starting new, then do that - no copying over anything. Either way, a world reset means I'm out.

*On a side note:*
  Have you all (staff) noticed how popular your server is since you made this announcement. 3-5 players online average. You managed to kill your own server in just 2-3 days. Well done!

Side note #2:
 Can you confirm if the current Oasis world will be made available for download?  Otherwise I'll have to start researching how to do my own base download (I have no clue, but sure there must be some info somewhere on the Internet).

We expected the server to have a low activity until the reset.
The current world will be saved and moved to another server around or on the 25th of January.